We've made a number of improvements related to this request that we are excited to share.
1. To increase visibility, we've added a new UI that shows _exactly_ which state a newsletter campaigns is in. We include a timeline and timestamps showing when a campaign was created, when it was scheduled, when segments started calculating, when emails started sending and when the newsletter completed. You can now see this on all newsletters via the detailed tooltip under the "Status" of a newsletter: see the screenshot below for an example. The tooltip shows slightly different information for normal newsletters versus batch and timezone newsletters.
2. To back this up, we've made several performance improvements to the service responsible for queueing campaigns. This will predominantly impact our large customers as it means that large segments should now refresh as send time approaches, ensuring they're ready _just in time_ for the campaign to send, ensuring there aren't delays, even if you're using huge segments.
3. Finally, we've also drastically improved the time it takes for statistics to show in the Vero UI after emails have begun sending (they should now be essentially realtime), which ensures that the detailed tool tip is accurate.
As always, we're keen on your feedback and would like to know what other improvements we can make here. We know there's plenty more that can be done but also wanted to share changes so far.
Note: I’m marking this as complete as these are the changes we intend to make re: newsletters for now (pending feedback), however we will open new tickets re: further visibility changes based on suggestions made here as we intend to work on those in the future.