We're excited to introduce the custom HTML block in the Drag and Drop email editor!
Vero’s Drag and Drop email editor is an easy to use WYSIWYG email template designer that can help you achieve a lot of layouts and styles. However, sometimes you need something custom that goes beyond what is possible with the supplied design controls.
To help give you the flexibility to add additional design elements to your template, Vero now supports adding custom markup and styles using the HTML block. Using the HTML block is the same as any other content block, simply Drag an HTML block into your template, add your custom code and see the results in the live preview.
Here's a few fixes and improvements we've made to Connect since our last update.
- Newsletters are now known as Campaigns.After the recent introduction of automations into Vero Connect we have renamed the Newsletters section (where you create, edit and send messages) to Campaigns. This change reflects the increasing amount of messaging use cases that Connect supports and sets it up well for the additional triggers, channel types and content that will be added in the near future.
- TikTok and X social icons.To help keep up with the latest in social media platforms we have added TikTok and X (formerly Twitter) icons to the social content block in the drag and drop editor.
- Batches time description.Alongside some other small UI improvements we added a label that describes how long it will take to send a campaign that is sending in batches, to make it easier to tell how sending in batches will impact how long your campaign will take to fully send.
- Snippets improvements.We’ve made significant improvements to how Drag and Drop Snippets are processed, these updates have increased the reliability of the snippets feature in areas such as generating preview thumbnail images, propagating changes from locked snippets to the templates they are used in, and displaying fonts correctly.
- Only allowing lowercase “email” column.Fixed an issue that would prevent an audience being imported due to the the “email” column not in being in lowercase.
- Crontab formatting issue.Fixed an issue with validation logic on the custom crontab option in the Recurring Trigger option that may not nave properly validated when a unit of the crontab string uses a combination of dashes and commas.
- Cloning campaigns with expired audiences.Fixed an error that occurred when trying to duplicate a campaign that included an imported audience which had expired (imported more than 30 days ago).
We’ve added an additional team member role that has access to view and edit Campaigns but had no access to any customer data. This role has access to build and create campaigns and content, but no access to areas of Vero that may include personal identifiable information.
Here's some bugs we've squashed in Vero Cloud since our last update:
- Downcased ID not matching newly created profiles.We’ve fixed an issue that occurred when a project has the downcase-id’s and ‘email-as-master setting on where newly created profiles would not be matched.
- Deleted user error.Fixed an issue that made it appear that a customer had not been deleted when manually selecting the Delete option on the profile.
- Pick a winner send time inconsistency.Fixed an issue that made it appear that the winning variation on an AB test campaign would be sent at the incorrect time if the Pick a winner functionality was selected. The time shown in the UI showed the incorrect timezone but the actual send time was correct.
- Live AB Tests not showing results.We fixed an issue that prevented the results from an AB test from showing until the test had completed.
- Tagging recently created customers.Fixed an issue that would occur when two api requests were sent in rapid succession, the first to create the user and the second to tag them, the tag request could sometimes get processed before the user is created, causing the tag request to fail.
- Automatic log out.We’ve have fixed an issue was causing some users to be automatically logged out on more frequent schedule when authenticated using Google.
- No default in timezone sends.An issue has been fixed that in some cases would prevent users who had no timezone property from receiving a message when the deliver in the customers timezone option was selected. This issue occurred if the if the project timezone was currently observing daylight savings and in countries that recently updated their usage of daylight savings.
- Negative import counts.We have fixed an issue that would in some cases show a negative count on the failed records column on the import page.
- Webhook signing key.It's now possible to add a separate webhook signing key in the UI for Mailgun providers if it doesn't match your main API key. This ensures delivery stats from your Mailgun provider are collected and shown in the Vero UI.
📣 Today we are excited to announce the ability to send a message on a recurring schedule, the first automated trigger in Connect.
The brand new recurring trigger option is available alongside the existing one off triggers and adds the ability to configure a campaign to automatically send on a recurring cycle e.g. every hour, day, week or month.
What is a recurring trigger?
The recurring schedule trigger is a new way to send automated messages with Vero connect. Once your set a recurring schedule (e.g. every day at 12pm), every time the recurring trigger runs, the SQL used to define the campaign audience is re-queried and sends to the latest list of recipients returned by the query.
Recurring triggers in Vero Connect give you the ability to run automated campaigns against your most accurate data sets and help you make the most of the data you already store, without the need to constantly sync or import data to your email platform.
Why use a recurring schedule?
Recurring triggers can be used to automate a number of messaging use cases:
- Scenario 1: Imagine you want to send weekly customer satisfaction surveys to a targeted group of users who have recently interacted with your support team. With a recurring schedule trigger you can define a SQL query to identify these users based on their support ticket history or specific criteria. Set the frequency to 'weekly' and send a message pointing them to your survey. Once enabled, the system will automatically send the survey to the identified users every week, ensuring consistent feedback collection without manual effort.
- Scenario 2: Imagine you want to send a message to every user who signed up in the last hour. Simply set your campaign to send on a recurring schedule every hour and then write a SQL query that finds users who signed up within the last hour. With direct access to your data warehouse and the ability to run a query on a recurring schedule, you can simplify your onboarding campaigns and trust that the data powering them is always on point.
We’re excited for you to try this feature out and we look forward to seeing all the ways you use it to send campaigns using data accessed directly from your data warehouses and data stores.
Note: We have released this feature in public beta, available on all accounts. Some changes may occur in the next few weeks while we respond to feedback and optimise the feature.
If you have any questions, feedback or thoughts, don’t hesitate to get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the past few weeks, we have implemented significant infrastructure enhancements that yield impressive results. Importing an audience is now up to 10 times faster, while message delivery speed has also seen a notable improvement. At Vero Connect, we're dedicated to providing you with the fastest workflow to reach your customers. These enhancements are part of our long-term work to continually enhance Vero's underlying platform and improve your user experience.
For customers operating out of Europe, we have added support for Mailgun’s EU domain regions. To add your EU Mailgun domain, simply go to /settings/email-delivery and choose "Europe" in the "Region" dropdown when adding your Mailgun domain details.
Here's two bug fixes we recently pushed:
- Mailgun channel unable to be added- We’ve fixed the ability to add a new Mailgun email channel to your Vero account, which was presenting an error. This issue was only present for a short time and did not affect existing channels.
- Can’t close billing modal- Fixed a bug causing the full screen billing UI to stay open after adding new card details or when trying to exit using the close button.
Here's a couple of fixes and improvements we've made to Vero in the last few weeks.
- Show suppression date and reason on customer profile- There is now more information shown on the customer profile detailing when an email suppression happened and the reason why.
- A/B Test “Finished” time not accurate- We’ve fixed an issue causing the “finished” time on an AB test in a workflow to appear as the current time, and therefore not showing the correct finished time.
- Can’t add custom social icons- Fixed a bug that prevented adding custom social icons in the drag and drop email editor.
- CSV’s with columns including the word “options”- We’ve fixed an issue that caused customer imports to fail if they included the word ‘options’ in a column title.
We have added the ability to send to unsubscribed customers for messages that are transactional in nature.
In situations where businesses need to facilitate a transaction or provide a product or service requested by the customer, there is now an option to ‘send to unsubscribed users’ as part of defining the campaign audience.