📣 Today we are excited to announce the ability to send a message on a recurring schedule, the first automated trigger in Connect.
The brand new recurring trigger option is available alongside the existing one off triggers and adds the ability to configure a campaign to automatically send on a recurring cycle e.g. every hour, day, week or month.
What is a recurring trigger?
The recurring schedule trigger is a new way to send automated messages with Vero connect. Once your set a recurring schedule (e.g. every day at 12pm), every time the recurring trigger runs, the SQL used to define the campaign audience is re-queried and sends to the latest list of recipients returned by the query.
Recurring triggers in Vero Connect give you the ability to run automated campaigns against your most accurate data sets and help you make the most of the data you already store, without the need to constantly sync or import data to your email platform.
Why use a recurring schedule?
Recurring triggers can be used to automate a number of messaging use cases:
- Scenario 1: Imagine you want to send weekly customer satisfaction surveys to a targeted group of users who have recently interacted with your support team. With a recurring schedule trigger you can define a SQL query to identify these users based on their support ticket history or specific criteria. Set the frequency to 'weekly' and send a message pointing them to your survey. Once enabled, the system will automatically send the survey to the identified users every week, ensuring consistent feedback collection without manual effort.
- Scenario 2: Imagine you want to send a message to every user who signed up in the last hour. Simply set your campaign to send on a recurring schedule every hour and then write a SQL query that finds users who signed up within the last hour. With direct access to your data warehouse and the ability to run a query on a recurring schedule, you can simplify your onboarding campaigns and trust that the data powering them is always on point.
We’re excited for you to try this feature out and we look forward to seeing all the ways you use it to send campaigns using data accessed directly from your data warehouses and data stores.
Note: We have released this feature in public beta, available on all accounts. Some changes may occur in the next few weeks while we respond to feedback and optimise the feature.
If you have any questions, feedback or thoughts, don’t hesitate to get in contact at email@example.com.
Over the past few weeks, we have implemented significant infrastructure enhancements that yield impressive results. Importing an audience is now up to 10 times faster, while message delivery speed has also seen a notable improvement. At Vero Connect, we're dedicated to providing you with the fastest workflow to reach your customers. These enhancements are part of our long-term work to continually enhance Vero's underlying platform and improve your user experience.
For customers operating out of Europe, we have added support for Mailgun’s EU domain regions. To add your EU Mailgun domain, simply go to /settings/email-delivery and choose "Europe" in the "Region" dropdown when adding your Mailgun domain details.
Here's two bug fixes we recently pushed:
- Mailgun channel unable to be added- We’ve fixed the ability to add a new Mailgun email channel to your Vero account, which was presenting an error. This issue was only present for a short time and did not affect existing channels.
- Can’t close billing modal- Fixed a bug causing the full screen billing UI to stay open after adding new card details or when trying to exit using the close button.
Here's a couple of fixes and improvements we've made to Vero in the last few weeks.
- Show suppression date and reason on customer profile- There is now more information shown on the customer profile detailing when an email suppression happened and the reason why.
- A/B Test “Finished” time not accurate- We’ve fixed an issue causing the “finished” time on an AB test in a workflow to appear as the current time, and therefore not showing the correct finished time.
- Can’t add custom social icons- Fixed a bug that prevented adding custom social icons in the drag and drop email editor.
- CSV’s with columns including the word “options”- We’ve fixed an issue that caused customer imports to fail if they included the word ‘options’ in a column title.
We have added the ability to send to unsubscribed customers for messages that are transactional in nature.
In situations where businesses need to facilitate a transaction or provide a product or service requested by the customer, there is now an option to ‘send to unsubscribed users’ as part of defining the campaign audience.
With new new automation features coming soon, we have made some changes to how campaigns are created, adding a new "trigger" section for defining when to send the campaign. The usual options to send “Immediately” or at a “Specific date & time” have been relocated to this section.
This new pattern of choosing when to send your campaign up front will be especially useful when we add automated triggers in the near future.
We have also implemented a review step to provide a clear overview before confirming the message. To streamline the user experience, we have also relocated the advanced settings to the content section.
These improvements aim to enhance the overall usability and are in line with our vision for a flexible and composable marketing platform, and make room for multiple different ways to trigger a campaign.
Underneath the surface, these changes are built on an entirely rebuilt API that we plan to make accessible in the near future.
It is now possible to download all activity and email logs for an individual customer via csv. There is a new ‘Download all activity’ button on every customer profile, which downloads a csv containing the full customer history, up to 5000 rows.
Downloading the customer activity can come in handy when diving into a customer’s interaction with your messages if you need to look beyond 30 days.
Vero administrators can now see the following for each user on their account via the Account > Teams page:
- Two-factor authentication status.Know which users have two-factor authentication setup and which do not.
- Last seen.See when users last accessed your Vero account.
Both of these features make it easier to secure your account and tidy up inactive or insecure accounts.
Coming up: We are also working on adding support for viewing which users "Sign in with Google".
Here's some bugs and improvements we shipped this sprint.
- Added last edited date on workflows- When a workflow is live, its now possible to see when the last edits to the workflow occurred.
- Segment Conditions UI- We made some small UI improvements to the conditions dropdowns when creating a segment or adding a filter. For instance we have changed the order of some conditions to make the most used options more easily accessible and updated the wording to reflect multi-channel campaigns and also removed beta status from the “has triggered event with property” condition.
- Add conversion_type to webhooks- We’ve added the conversion_type field to our outgoing conversion webhook. The possible values are click indirect or open.
- Security fixes and improvements- We’ve made a number of security updates and improvements.
- Quotes in alt tags on images- Fixed a bug caused by using " quotes in the Alt field on the drag and drop editor for an image block.
- Incorrect send time due to timezones- Fixed an issue that caused a campaign to appear to send at an incorrect time (by 1 hour). This happened when some timezones switched to/from daylight savings and has been resolved.
- Incorrect finished time on an AB Test in a Workflow- An display issue that caused the ‘finished’ time to show incorrectly has been fixed.
- Incorrect default language- We fixed a rare issue that would cause a campaign to use an incorrect language variation for a small number of recipients who don’t have a language property set. This occurred due to how our sending infrastructure cached the default language variation. This has now been fully resolved for all affected customers.
- Template thumbnails- We fixed an issue that prevented template thumbnails from loading or from showing the latest version correctly.