We’ve added the ability to invite new and existing Vero users as team members of any Connect project. This feature is included on our $20/month pricing plan.
Up until now Vero Connect—formerly known as 'Newsletters'—has been a single-user experience. From now on account owners can easily invite colleagues to collaborate on any aspect of designing and sending a campaign.
If you currently have your own account and have been invited to another users project you can switch projects using the new project launcher, which also supports switching to Cloud—formerly 'Workflows'—projects.
To invite a colleague to your Connect account, simply go to Settings and select Team members. From here, select Add team member and enter an email address.
We’re really excited to launch Teams in Connect, and to see all the ways teams collaborate on messaging. Future features will include granular permissions/roles and shared user account settings (across Connect and Cloud accounts).
We've been working hard on adding foundational backend support for more data warehouse integrations. With those improvements to the backend made, we can now introduce Snowflake as the next data source integration, with more to come in the future.
Our Snowflake integration makes it easy to load data directly from your Snowflake data warehouse and use it to define the audience for your message, personalise the content with rich data and send your marketing campaigns faster than ever.
To connect your Snowflake database, go to the Data Sources menu, select Add a Data Source then select Snowflake. From here you can add your Snowflake credentials and, once the connection has been successfully made, query directly using SQL directly from inside your Connect account. Load the results as a message audience and send personalized messages knowing your customer data is accurate and complete.
To make it easier to switch between multiple projects and get an overview of all the projects you're a member of we've launched a dedicated projects launcher. Some customers have tens of projects (up to 100!) and other customers work as agencies with multiple businesses. In the launcher view you will see a list of all the projects you're a member of (from both Cloud and Connect products). To open the launcher, simply go to the project menu in the sidebar and select
Show all projects.
- Workflow attachments not displaying.We’ve fixed a bug that would prevent email nodes in a workflow from displaying that they had any attachments, even if they did.
- Unsaved changes when using the browser back button.A bug that prevented the ‘unsaved changes’ prompt from showing after making changes and then hitting the browser back button has been fixed.
- Sections with three columns don’t cover full width.In the drag and drop editor, there was an issue that meant sections with 3 columns would not cover 100% of the width of the email on mobile devices. This was due to each column using full percentages rather than a percent with a decimal value. Its 100% fixed now! 💯
We've renamed 'Newsletters' to 'Vero Connect' and 'Workflows' to 'Vero Cloud'.
These names better reflect the needs these products solve and our long-term direction. Each product has the same focus of delivering better automated customer messaging: the difference is how and where you want to access your customer data.
We’re super excited about where we’re going and how Cloud and Connect enable product and marketing teams to better use their data to send game-changing messages to their customers.
We’ve added a new “Home” page to Vero Newsletters. This is the first page you’ll see every time you login to the Newsletters app from now on and has some useful shortcuts and widgets that help get you started quicker and show an overview of your activity. The biggest widget adds quick links to some starter templates or your own custom templates giving you a quick way to dive in and start editing the content for your next send.
Read below for more details about some of the the widgets we’ve added, with even more to come in the future.
Contact Support Widget & Form
It’s now easier than ever to get the help and support you need in the Newsletters app. We’ve added a support widget with useful links to our help resources and a new contact support form to make it easier for you to get in touch with our amazing support team and receive assistance with any issues or questions you have.
The new usage widget shows your monthly usage and lets you know many messages you’ve sent of your free quota, or how many messages you’re paying for each month if you are on the upgraded plan.
Recent Newsletters Widget
Our new ‘Recent newsletters’ widget simply shows you the last few newsletters you’ve edited to give you a quick shortcut to the messages you’re working on right now.
Campaign previews with expired audience.- Fixed a bug affecting the ability to preview older campaigns after the audience had expired.
Improve reliability on small audience imports. - Fixed a bug that meant small CSV imports would not change to the completed state despite having correctly loaded.
We've made big updates to the architecture behind our workflows feature. With customers pushing workflows to new heights we continue to work to ensure workflows load and save quickly, even for the most complex user journeys (you may be surprised to learn that the longest workflows have over 200 nodes!)
These changes should solve any saving issues you may have previously experienced and will dramatically improve workflow load times.
- Allow scheduling of monthly Recurring newsletters after the 28th day- Added support to allow creation of recurring newsletters that have a monthly schedule after the 28th day (i.e. 29th/30th/31st), where the specified date may not exist every month . In these cases the newsletter will now be scheduled to send on the closest date that month.
- Ignore invalid conditions when cloning- Legacy conditions that are no longer supported are no longer cloned if a campaign is duplicated.
- Improvements to segment preparation.- Added improvements to increase the reliability of segments calculating prior to newsletter schedule times.
- Unsubscribe finds by "email" when it can't find by ID. - Unsubscribe links match users based on their "id" field. Added a fallback to check for users via "email" for email unsubscribes where an "id" does not match.
- Add "converted_at" timestamp to "Converted" web hook. - We added a "converted_at" timestamp field to the Converted web hook event payload.
The ability to run AB tests in a workflow is a long standing request that we’ve had a basic version of in private beta. Thank you to everyone who voted for this feature and for all the beta users who gave us feedback. We’ve now made the feature available to everyone. To add an AB Test to your workflows, simply hit the + button to add a node to your workflow canvas and choose AB Test.
An AB test can have up to 5 variations, each variation creates a new branch that can contain multiple messages, delays or logic nodes. You can decide the percentage of customers that should receive each variation, set a notification and pick a winner when you finish the test.
We think this feature is a simple way to run a quick test to gauge how parts of a workflow are performing, however we know it’s just the start of what could be possible with an AB testing feature in Workflows. If you have any feedback or thoughts on our first iteration of this feature, please visit feedback.getvero.com.